#NotJustHello is a recent Twitter dialogue (started by @Karnythia) on how street harassment is not just about men not being able to say “hello” to women (though all who experience street harassment aren’t necessarily “women” or ID as such). Above are some of my tweets during that conversation. The idea that it is women “preventing” hello is not just a violently gross lie, but a mass oversimplification of the verbal/physical abuse and even sexual assault/murder that comes about via street harassment.
Anyone who thinks all I describe above is okay clearly supports violence. None of these actions (and I’ve experienced much worse; some I don’t even discuss online) above are about saying “hello.” It’s one of the reasons why I included "so I can’t say hello?" in my Street Harassment and Street Harassment + Misogynoir BINGO card, that I included again in this post.
The first time I posted the BINGO card is in my recent post about my experiences, my writing on street harassment as experienced as a Black woman and the anti-street harassment chat #YouOkSis (by @Russian_Starr and @FeministaJones) scheduled for Thursday, July 10th at 12pm. In this aforementioned post (and within my years of writing on the topic) I address why some people want Black women silenced on this topic (and in general) and how the racist and anti-intersectional mainstream media framing and centering of White women as the only victims of street harassment with Black men as only perpetrators removes other men’s culpability and again, silences Black women. This is a time and space for Black women to speak our truths.
Related Post: Street Harassment Is Violence (Essay Compilation)
My views on Pinterest
Look what Ben made for me! :D
Finally got around to finishing this. Some personal work I’ve been working on in between other projects.
I decided to show the skull view separately, mostly because I liked how his face came out and I really didn’t want to cover any of it up. :P
Colour bust commission for Canusky! It was meant to be a bust with flat colours but I kinda got carried away and made it all foncy.
I am still open for commissions. If you would like one, please check out my commission info here!
From Anostalgia series
2. Hot Dogs
5. Public Telephone
7. Filter Coffee
9. Shoe shine
Thread on paper
Commissions are open when the panel on the left of my tumblr page says “Commissions are now OPEN.” If they are not open, the text will say “Commissions are now CLOSED.” Please check there before messaging me! Thanks! :)
Note: I do not do porn. Sorry! It’s just not something I feel comfortable with.
- One rough draft for your approval (except in the case where the work itself is a sketch)
- One major edit such as a partial redraw of the image (for example, the pose of the arm should be different)
- One minor edit (for example, if your character wears boots with buckles and I drew boots with laces)
- In the case of colour images, the major edit covers things like adjusting the overall palette, changing texture on objects (for example, from shiny to matte) and partial recolours, as well as partial redraws.
- In the case of colour images, the one minor edit covers things like recolouring small/minor details like changing the colour of the character’s lipstick or changing the colour of socks, as well as a minor linework adjustment.
- A high res copy of your file to print or use as you wish
Edits which fall outside these specifications will cost extra. Sorry folks! Edits take time and effort and can end up stalling other clients’ work, which isn’t fair to them OR me!
Use of your work:
- I reserve the right to use the image for portfolio and marketing purposes, such as incorporating it in a personal art anthology or similar published volume
- I will not sell prints of your work unless you give me express permission to do so (and I will always ask first!)
- If you wish to sell prints of the work (for example, it is a character from your comic or show), you need to notify me of these intentions. Don’t worry, I don’t bite! I just need to have these things on document for legal reasons. :)
Here is my up-to-date digital commission price list:
(click hyperlinks for samples)
full body: $20-$30
per additional character: $7
with background: add $10
full body: $30-$40
per additional character: $10
add simple background: +$15
add complex background: +$30
full body: $45-$55
Per additional character: $20
with simple background: add $20
with complex background: add $35
COLOURS AND TONES:
full body: $55-$70
per additional character: $35
with simple background: add $35
with complex background: add $45+
I also offer flatting as a service. Please see this post for more info.
For FULLY PAINTED ITEMS, such as this piece, please contact me to discuss your commission, as the prices will vary from project to project.
I do take traditional commissions, but for obvious reasons, those are more complicated to price, so please message me to discuss!
Please note that the prices are basic figures only. If what you require falls in the same category but requires extra detail, or other work not covered by the basic price, those prices can and will be adjusted. Of course, it won’t happen without discussing things with you first! :)